Sunday, March 30, 2008

Symptoms v. No Symptoms

As I mentioned in previous posts, I was able to monitor or track my menstrual cycle by using a menstrual cycle calendar. We were checking to see if the uterine fibroids I had were staying the same in size or growing and if enlarging, whether they were causing any symptoms. My doctor told me that some women who have uterine fibroids do not have symptoms at all and no problems at all. These women essentially live normal lives with the fibroids. So the big question for my doctor and I was: am I one of those lucky women?

From the menstrual cycle calendar, I was able to see that initially my menstrual cycle was as it always was. It came when it normally came. The bleeding was pretty much the same. The cramping, moodiness, tenderness and bloating were the same. So I thought that was good. Everything is regular. After six months of using the calendar and noticing no big changes, we stopped using the menstrual cycle calendar. I thought I was one of those lucky women.

Indeed, though I was diagnosed as having uterine fibroids some eight months or so previously, my medical condition had not started to change. Unfortunately I did not remain asymptomatic. In my next post, I'll tell you more about the symptoms I started noticing.

Thedy B

No comments: