Sunday, March 30, 2008

Menstrual Cycle or No Menstrual Cycle -Pt 2

In my prior post, I discussed the different types of birth control and my personal opinions about the birth control options I knew about. One of those birth control methods would cause a woman not to have a menstrual cycle. For women, like me, with uterine fibroids who have heavy menstrual flow, this has been presented as a viable option and it may be. However, I expressed my opinion that I didn't feel it was right for me and my reasons for saying that.

After publishing that post, I came across some books on whether women should use birth control products that would eliminate their menstrual cycles. I also found some books which discuss carcinogens found in tampons, allegedly deceptive marketing campaigns for feminine products, and the like. I recommend reading these books to determine if not having a period, using tampons, etc. is really in your best interest. I have put the recommended books in the sidebar of this blog. Check them out.

Thedy B

No comments: