Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Menstrual Cycle Calendar - How long?

The menstrual cycle calendar made me curious to see the patterns in my menstrual cycle. Would the fact that I had uterine fibroids affect my cycle? If so, how?

My GYN told me to track my menstrual cycle using the menstrual cycle calendar for six months so that we could see these patterns, notice any irregularities, and determine if I had irregularities, what they were? Was my cycle heavier? Was it longer? Did the distance between the cycles get shorter or longer? When did I first notice the irregularities? How long has the irregularities been going on?

The answers to those questions would reveal the signs and symptoms that the uterine fibroids were increasing in size. So I used the menstrual cycle for six months to help me and my GYN discover whether the uterine fibroids I had would continue being asymptomatic. I'm really glad that I could track my cycle and give specific information to my doctors. So yes, I do recommend getting a menstrual cycle calendar.

No comments: