Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Menstual Cycle Calendar

My GYN had me track my menstrual cycles after I found out I had uterine fibroids. The object of using this menstrual cycle calendar was to see when my menstrual cycle began, when it ended, whether the bleeding was heavy, normal or light, and to see the distance between each cycle.


Growing up I had had painful cramping during that time of the month. Eventually as an adult, my menstrual cycle normalized. My menstrual cycles were always regular in that they came at the same time. From time to time, I'd just put a note on my regular calendar of when my menstrual cycle began and when it ended.



A menstrual cycle calendar is different. The menstrual cycle calendar I used had all twelve months on it lined up in rows with 31 days acting as each month's columns. It looks like that so you can see your cycle's patterns on a monthly basis side by side. Each day of the month was essentially a box. There are instructions on the calendar which tell you to note the day of the month the cycle begins and when you note it, color in the box to denote the extent of the bleeding. The way you colored in the box showed how heavy your menstruation was.



This menstrual cycle calendar helped me and my GYN determine if my menstrual cycle was affected by the uterine fibroids. I'm not a physician but as a patient going through this, I do recommend getting and using a menstrual cycle calendar if you notice that your cycles and/or your bleeding is not normal. In the next blog, I'll tell you the advantages I saw from using a menstrual cycle calendar.

Thedy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, just a quick note to let you all know about a herbal doctor who cured my daughter of FIBROID, his name is Dr. Uduehi.I read about him online while searching for a solution, I reach out to him for help and he administered his medication on my daughter.The multiple fibroid shrink down and her pains like: Heavy menstrual bleed, Pelvic pain, Backache and difficulty emptying the bladder gone after the treatment. She went for test and she was tested fibroid free at the hospital. doctor's contacts: (+2347084878384) (uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com)